Sunday 21 September 2014

Boudoir Eye Palette ~ Day Time to Evening Smokey Eye


Using the Too Faced Boudoir Eyes palette I created a slightly different take on a smokey eye, that can take you from day to night just by adding one shade.

To begin, I applied my base using Too Faced Primed and Poreless primer, then mixed the Nourish Illuminating Face Shimmer with my foundation of choice. I set this with the Primed and Poreless powder. 


I then used Sleek blush in "coral" and used a sweep of a bronzer to add more glow to my skin! 

I then prepped my eyelids by using Mac Paintpot in "painterly."


This cancels out any discolouration on my eye lids and I love Painterley because it is matte, and gives me a perfectly blank canvas.

On to the shadow! 


To start I used Fuzzy Handcuffs in my crease, from the outer corner, right to the inside corner, making sure to buff the shadow upwards, but not too far!

Next I took In The Buff and applied this to my brow bone.

I then took Garter Belt and this is where you want a light hand.. I applied this grey toned shadow from the inner corner of my eye, upwards towards my eyebrow, making sure it did not go on to my eyelid.
 
I took the same shadow in Garter Belt on the outer corner but blended it upwards slightly towards my eyebrow, and then took it slightly through the crease.
Pop a bit under the lash line for definition.

Lastly I took Satin Sheets and with my finger, and popped it right on the inside corner of my eyelid, but only up to half way, I just wanted a pop of light and a contrast to the smokey ness of the look. 


On my lips I have Mac Pink Plaid. 

For the transition from day to night, it couldn't be more simple.


I wanted to add a little drama, so from the same Boudoir Eye palette I took French Tickler and gently applied it over the Garter Belt from earlier. Taking time to blend it in with the previous shadows. You can also reapply any of the other shadows to make them more vibrant and fresh.

To change my lips up I used Revlon Moisture Stain in Parisian Passion, I love this because it is long wearing, so I didn't have to worry about reapplying! 

And that's it! I really enjoyed creating this look, don't forget that you can make your own rules with a smokey eye, change things up a little and play around. That's the beauty of make up!



See you next time!

Ally <3

Follow me on Instagram - xallybeanx
Business Email - allybeanexchange@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment