Friday 5 September 2014

August Favourites and Not So Favourite!!


September is here and Autumn is nearly upon us and our make up and skin care is changing with the seasons.. So what worked for me during the last full summer month?

Let's do this! 

 The Good Things Manuka Honey Creamy Cleanser. Honey has antibacterial properties and along with a lovely group of other fabulous ingredients, this cleanser is something else. Not only does my skin feel really clean and fresh, it's also incredibly soft, and doesn't feel tight and uncomfortable, which is a huge bonus! Big love for this range! 

Next up! The Ole Henriksen Make Up Removing wipes. These wipes were pricey at £12.50. Worth it? Yes. If you can afford to go a little higher up the scale, these wipes have a delicate scent, and have just the right amount of product on, not too wet, not too dry. They are gentle and yet remove make up so throughly, if you are exhausted and just can't face your usual nightly routine, you could use these alone. Just brilliant.

Revlon Lip Products are a bit of an obsession for me at the moment. I've only just bought the Matte Balms and Lacquer Balms.. They are so soft, so comfortable to wear! The colours, so flattering and diverse. Then Revlon released the Moisture Stains in the UK and oh.. Sweet sweet Revlon. They make me so happy. The Moisture Stains go on like a dream, they coat your lips in a buttery layer of a glossy formula, which, depending on how much you apply will eventually settle to a delicate balmy stain. 
I love them. I can't get enough of them.

More for the lips... "Lip Balm" .. £1.99 from H&M these gorgeously packaged, jumbo tubes of balm are magical. Do they have the tears of unicorns in them? I don't know, what I do know is they leave my lips so soft and so happy, that whatever is in them is okay in my book! 
Try the Vanilla Apple, the scent is delicate and sweet and pout perfect! 

I bought this quad from Yves Saint Laurent a few months ago, and I've been enjoying it sure, but this month it's been out every day. The dusky rose shade all over the lid, the lightest shade in my inner corner to brighten my eyes and one of the darker shades just to add a little depth, it's beautiful. I sometimes add a matte shadow in the crease and sometimes I just use the lightest shade, anyway I use this, it's flattering and tasteful. Which I don't always find easy to perfect!
I have also used the lightest shade as a highlight and it is stunning. 


And sadly, my not so favourite...


The Trevor Sorbet Styling Texture Paste. This is a bizarre product, it is a whipped formula, and when I apply it to my newly short hair to style it, it won't hold the style. At least it adds a little friction though right? 
Wrong. After just one hour this product had all but disappeared. There was nothing left! My hair was silky and as if I had just washed it (which I had that morning) so I did not attribute that to the paste! 
I have tried this a number of times now, and it's always the same. For me, it just doesn't work. Goodbye styling paste!

Well that's it! Autumn officially begins on September 22nd, let's enjoy these last few weeks of summer and head into the next season with warm fluffy slippers, scented candles and snuggling up in the cold weather. Who else is excited?? 

See you next time!

Ally <3 

Follow me on Instagram! - xallybeanx 
Find me on Bloglovin' - allybeanexchange
Business email - allybeanexchange@gmail.com

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment