Saturday 11 April 2015

YSL Touche Éclat Blur Perfector Review

On Friday evening I was browsing a Boots store and came across a new product from Yves Saint Laurent.

The Touche Éclat Blur Perfector is a balm like powder that is supposed to blur any pores and make your skin appear smoother and clearer. 


Essentially blurring your complexion, this balm acts like a silicone primer would. However this new product is to be used as a final step to your makeup routine, it can also be used as a mattifying touch up throughout the day. 


The balm has a silicone texture as you apply it, which then turns to a completely weightless powder. It is almost difficult to feel it on your skin it is so smooth! 

It comes with a velvet pouch so it can go in your handbag without damaging the beautiful compact. The leather pouch also has a seperate section for the white sponge it comes with, for application.


I used it today after I had completed my usual makeup routine and I was so looking forward to seeing amazing results of blurred and perfected skin! Unfortunately for me, this didn't happen.

What did happen, was as I pressed the sponge lightly across the areas I wanted to be "blurred" my makeup was being taken off! I ended up having to reapply my foundation to my nose...


Also, after about two hours I noticed the area around my mouth the blur Perfector was starting to almost, become more powdery, and it looked awful. It looked like dry skin and really stood out - definitely not blurred! 

This product retails for £31.50 and too be honest, I was expecting much better results and I am disappointed.

I'm going to go to the counter I bought it from and ask for advice with application ~ if I'm still not happy (who wants their makeup being stripped off after they have just applied it!) I will return it.

I will keep you updated via Instagram!!

See you soon!

Ally <3

Instagram - xallybeanx
Twitter @allybeanmarsh

<3

2 comments:

  1. Oh God. Did you read a little paper it has come with or if you did not, did you research it before the usage? Because it states:
    Suggested Usage:
    Replacing foundation:
    -Apply with soft sweeping motions from the center of the face outward using the included Yves Saint Laurent sponge applicator.
    -If necessary, tap additional texture on visible pores or shiny areas (the T-zone and nose).

    Retouching foundation:
    -After completing the makeup routine, tap the texture (without sweeping) on visible pores or shiny areas.
    -Retouch as needed throughout the day.

    Note the retouching part. I cannot tell you fully enough how it upsets me everytime people let go of the usage of their brains to a very minimum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tina,
      Thank you so much for your comment! I did indeed read the instructions, had advice and had it applied by a YSL member of staff, took instructions from the head office, and read a blog post by Pixiwoo (a rather well known blogger duo) who also had the same issue with this product as myself.

      Due to all this, that is how I was able to get a full refund for the product, something that doesn't usually happen in England.

      Hopefully it works for some people, but it did not work as intended for myself and many others. Not every product is perfect for everyone!

      Again, thank you for your contribution!

      Delete