Monday 17 November 2014

Mac Melba DUPE!



Hi guys!! Long time no blog!

I have been ver ver busy and I'm sorry for the super long gap between blogs ~ today though, I hope I have something to make up for it!

If you have heard of Make Up Revolution, you will know this is a new brand on the shelves that people are going crazy for. 

Excellent pigmentation, palettes that are amazing dupes for Urban Decay Naked 1, 2 AND 3! Oh yes people.

The best bit? The price. This is a budget line that has similar price points to MUA and both are available at Superdrug. 

Yesterday I went shopping to see what the hype was all about and I can safely say... It's the real deal.

On my journey through the MUR stand I spotted the blushers. And I picked up two. 

As soon as I saw them I knew they were similar to Mac Melba - one of the MOST popular blushes at Mac because it suits practically all skin tones and makes you look as healthy as you wish you really were..
 


Here we have the three blushes together. Mac Melba at the top.



The closest dupe is Treat, as seen next to Melba.


And this is the swatch of truth! I think Treat is a fabulous dupe for the £18.50 Melba. At £2 for the Make Up Revolution blush you really cannot complain. Treat is just as soft and buttery and pigmented as it's MAC cousin, however I will say, that Melba is a much deeper shade and you can really intensify the colour by adding more blush. With Treat, what you see is what you get, still a beautiful and pigmented product! 

Love is a much softer shade, this one gives the most beautiful glow to the cheek and I actually popped it just under my cheek bone, I love it a lot.. I can see these two blushes becoming daily favourites. 

So what do you think? I suggest you all put Make Up Revolution on your Christmas lists or go and treat yourself, I can't recommend the products enough. 




See you next time! <3

Ally <3

Find me on Instagram! - xallybeanx
Business Email - allybeanexchange@gmail.com


3 comments:

  1. This makes me want to shop for them now! My sister bought me the Clinique Ginger Pop blusher but it's a very strong pink colour, I prefer these shades.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a loyal Mac makeup user and these look great! I am in the market for a new blush, now I know what to get. Thanks :)

    -Anita

    theaveragegirlchronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know which Mac blush is the high end counter part of Makeup revolution's "love" powder blush?

    ReplyDelete